The Elementary students at CSSC explored how to be safe around electricity. Keith from Boone Electric brought in a demonstration. We were able to see electricity jump and learned that electricity is invisible.
Here is a list of safety tips that we learned during Keith’s presentation:
- Electricity can severely harm you, which is why you should stay 10 feet away from all power lines.
- Do not sit or stand on green transformer boxes located around the community.
- Stay inside your car if you hit a power line pole. If needed, jump out and shuffle away with your feet together.
- Remember, if you are flying a kite, do not fly near power lines.
- Do not play around a substation. DANGER! HIGH VOLTAGE!
- If you see a power line touching the ground please call 911 or Boone Electric.